A two day carbon transfer workshop will immerse you in the world of carbon printing. Considered by many to be the most beautiful and archival form of photographic printing that allows the printer to create a unique image with a three-dimensional look from the noticeable “bas relief”.
During the workshop you leant how to make the carbon tissues, select and prepare the final support paper, sensitise the tissue, expose and develop. We will work with single transfer monochrome process and this workshop is limited to two people.
You will leave the workshop with the knowledge and understanding you need to turn to Carbon printing into your own personalised process and practice for expressing your work.
The steps we will go through,
- Make the carbon tissues
- Sensitise and dry the tissue
- Expose the tissue to a UV light under a negative
- Mate and transfer the exposed tissue from the temporary support paper to the final substrate
- Develop the print
- Clear and finish the print
- Identify and troubleshoot common problems
- Details on how to build some of the equipment yourself
- Contacts for local and overseas suppliers for equipment and materials
- A discussion and review on the methods available for calibrating and making digital negatives